The most common questions we get from our clients
For best results, we recommend getting sprayed 2 days prior to your event. Your tan will be in its prime color for your event.
I strongly recommend scheduling any hair cutting or coloring services, waxing appointments, facials or massages, and any manicure or pedicure appointments before the day of your tanning session. Your tan should be the last step on your beauty prep list!
The tanning process takes about 10-15 minutes, but we like to have a consultation prior to the tan, and go over the best ways to maintain your tan after application. So expect to hang out with us for about 30 minutes.
For the best, longest-lasting results, please do the following:
- Manicures and pedicures should be done before your appointment (the day before is recommended)
- Shave and exfoliate 24 hours prior to your session | Any waxing should be done 24-48 hours before
*It is not recommended to use a loofah/shower puff to exfoliate with because it does not evenly exfoliate your skin. Instead, I recommend a body scrub (with minimal oil) or a soap and washrag if you do not have a Natural Loofah*
- Wash your hair before you exfoliate, to ensure there is no shampoo or conditioner residue left on your skin
(it may act as a barrier if not properly removed)
- Moisturize thoroughly!
The day of your appointment, please do the following:
- Shower again 1-3 hours prior to your appointment using no soaps or body washes (just a warm water rinse - to remove the moisturizers from the night before). This will ensure your skin the proper time to balance pH levels. *PLEASE DO NOT shower immediately prior to your session. Your skin needs a minimum of 1 hour to reach a neutral pH (which will affect the outcome of the tan)
- After your final shower, do not apply anything to your skin. This includes makeup, deodorants, perfumes, oils or lotions.
What to wear during your tanning session:
Many clients prefer to tan topless, but I always recommend to undress down to what makes you comfortable. An old swimsuit or undergarments is recommended, or I can provide disposable undergarments for your convenience.
*We do ask that all males bring something to cover their private parts - thongs are acceptable.
** It is important to note that you should bring a towel to your appointment if you have leather seats in your car **
- While your tan is developing, be sure to wear dark, loose-fitting clothing to prevent rubbing of your tan. I recommend a sundress and thong sandals, if the weather is permitting!
- DO NOT wear wool, nylon, silk, or lace fabrics (cotton is best) as DHA may react with these fabrics and cause staining
- Do Not wear a bra while your tan is developing, until after your first shower. Anything tight, such as bras, socks, leggings, and jeans will rub the area and prevent proper development
- If you choose to sleep in your spray tan, sleep on dark sheets, or lay a towel down over your pillow and where you will be lying on the bed. I recommend wearing long cotton pants and a long-sleeve cotton shirt to bed as well
- Wait 8-12 hours before showering or getting wet, and avoid any activity that may cause you to perspire
- Your first shower should be a quick, warm water rinse only, without using any soaps or body washes. You will see a brown color run off in the water, but it is just the cosmetic bronzer, your beautiful tan will be underneath!
- Pat yourself dry after every shower (or sweating), and be sure to moisturize at least twice a day!
- The best way to maintain your tan is to moisturize! After every shower, and when you wake up in the morning and before you go to bed at night.
- Avoid long hot baths and showers, because they speed up the exfoliation process.
- Avoid swimming pools and hot tubs, as well as salt water, as these can reduce your tan.